The Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation has continuous needs for volunteers. Whether you are interested in helping us to provide vision screenings, you want to volunteer at our fundraising events or if you are interested in volunteering in the office to provide administrative / clerical help, we most likely have an opportunity that matches your skill set and availability. If you have questions or need more information please call 502-583-0564 or email email@example.com.
Now accepting applications for Summer Interns
Under the direction of Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation staff, the student intern will assist to provide outreach and follow-up to schools, businesses, and community centers served by Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation’s vision screening programs as well as recruit and train volunteers. The intern will also be trained to perform vision screenings and will be an active participant at vision screening venues. The main objective for this intern will be to develop new relationships with businesses to provide free vision screenings to employees, customers or children (when working with daycares, preschools, summer camps, etc.) This is a volunteer position.
Specific Duties Include:
1. Master vision screening protocols for all age groups using Spot screening equipment as well as Vision Van screening equipment. Once the student has mastered the various screening methods and protocols, she/he will participate as a vision screener at health fairs and schools and assist to train vision screening volunteers.
2. Interns will be responsible for organizing the presence of KLEF’s vision screening services at schools, daycares, businesses and community events.
3. Interns will work to build and improve KLEF’s connections and relationships with the general public to identify potential volunteers and partners to collaborate on vision screenings endeavors.
4. Interns will work directly with outside organizations and KLEF staff/volunteers to coordinate the scheduling of vision screenings in his or her area while working closely with staff and/or other volunteers to share vision screening equipment.
5. Interns will be expected to participate in up to 2 vision screenings a week and help to recruit, coordinate and schedule vision screenings (approximately up to 10-20 hours a week). Intern may also be asked to help coordinate KY State Fair volunteers and work the State Fair if possible.
Must be able to attend a training session in Louisville, KY at our office located at 301 E. Muhammad Ali Blvd., Louisville, KY 40202.
Prefer a student with interest in the medical field / public health and or education.
Must have reliable transportation and willing to travel as needed to attend vision screenings.
Must be willing and able to drive the Vision Van as needed.
Perform well in an environment that values compassion, patience, and resourcefulness.
Must complete required form for a background check.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to JenniferHunt@kylionseye.org.
Resumes and cover letters will be reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Please contact JenniferHunt@kylionseye.org or call 270-999-4887 for any questions you may have regarding this internship opportunity.
8th Annual Drive 4 Sight Golf Scramble - Volunteers Needed
Volunteers needed to help during the 8th Annual Drive 4 Sight Golf Scramble on Friday, October 7th at Juniper Hill Golf Course in Frankfort, KY. Volunteers are needed to help with the following tasks:
Event Set Up
Prize Board / Raffle / Contests / Etc.
Serving Lunch & Apps after the round
Event Break Down
Volunteers will be needed from 9 AM - 8 PM. Please email JenniferHunt@kylionseye.org if you would like to volunteer!