The Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation has continuous needs for volunteers. Whether you are interested in helping us to provide vision screenings, you want to volunteer at our fundraising events or if you are interested in volunteering in the office to provide administrative / clerical help, we most likely have an opportunity that matches your skill set and availability. If you have questions or need more information please call 502-583-0564 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now accepting applications for Summer Interns
Under the direction of Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation staff, the student intern will assist to provide outreach and follow-up to schools, businesses, and community centers served by Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation’s vision screening programs as well as recruit and train volunteers. The intern will also be trained to perform vision screenings and will be an active participant at vision screening venues. The main objective for this intern will be to develop new relationships with businesses to provide free vision screenings to employees, customers or children (when working with daycares, preschools, summer camps, etc.) This is a volunteer position.
Specific Duties Include:
1. Master vision screening protocols for all age groups using Spot screening equipment as well as Vision Van screening equipment. Once the student has mastered the various screening methods and protocols, she/he will participate as a vision screener at health fairs and schools and assist to train vision screening volunteers.
2. Interns will be responsible for organizing the presence of KLEF’s vision screening services at schools, daycares, businesses and community events.
3. Interns will work to build and improve KLEF’s connections and relationships with the general public to identify potential volunteers and partners to collaborate on vision screenings endeavors.
4. Interns will work directly with outside organizations and KLEF staff/volunteers to coordinate the scheduling of vision screenings in his or her area while working closely with staff and/or other volunteers to share vision screening equipment.
5. Interns will be expected to participate in up to 2 vision screenings a week and help to recruit, coordinate and schedule vision screenings (approximately up to 10-20 hours a week). Intern may also be asked to help coordinate KY State Fair volunteers and work the State Fair if possible.
Must be able to attend a training session in Louisville, KY at our office located at 301 E. Muhammad Ali Blvd., Louisville, KY 40202.
Prefer a student with interest in the medical field / public health and or education.
Must have reliable transportation and willing to travel as needed to attend vision screenings.
Must be willing and able to drive the Vision Van as needed.
Perform well in an environment that values compassion, patience, and resourcefulness.
Must complete required form for a background check.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to JenniferHunt@kylionseye.org.
Resumes and cover letters will be reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Please contact JenniferHunt@kylionseye.org or call 270-999-4887 for any questions you may have regarding this internship opportunity.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for the 2022 Kentucky State Fair!
Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation is in need of volunteers during the 2022 Kentucky State Fair - Thursday, August 18th through Sunday, August 28th in the South Wing Lobby B at the Kentucky Fair & Exposition Center. If you volunteer, you will receive a free admission/parking ticket into the fair.
This is a great opportunity for Lions Clubs to come as a group, volunteer for a shift and get trained on the equipment that is kept on the Vision Van and possibly schedule a Free Vision Screening in your area.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A LION to volunteer.
The schedule is broken up into two shifts – 1st Shift - 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 2nd Shift - 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. We will have 3 different types of screenings: check acuity, field vision, and pressure, everyone is trained onsite. We will also have the Spot camera there to do KidSight screenings.
Thursday, August 18th - need 13 volunteers for 1st Shift and 14 for 2nd Shift
Friday, August 19th - need 14 volunteers for 1st Shift and 15 for 2nd Shift
Sunday, August 21st - need 13 volunteers for 1st Shift and 15 for 2nd Shift
Monday, August 22nd - need 15 volunteers for 1st Shift and 15 for 2nd Shift
Tuesday, August 23rd - need 4 volunteers for 1st Shift and 4 for 2nd Shift
Wednesday, August 24th - need 15 volunteers for 1st Shift and 15 for 2nd Shift
Thursday, August 25th - need 12 volunteers for 1st Shift and 10 for 2nd Shift
Friday, August 26th - need 11 volunteers for 1st Shift and 15 for 2nd Shift
Saturday, August 27th - need 15 volunteers for 2nd Shift only
Sunday, August 28th - need 14 volunteers for 1st Shift and 10 for 2nd Shift
If anyone is interested in participating, please contact Karen Hayse at (502) 553-1947 or e-mail email@example.com to check what dates & times are available.